Tokyo, a perfect mix of tradition and modernity, in which the education of the Japanese makes it more pleasant (if possible) to visit one of the most overpopulated cities on the planet. Get up early to see the Tsukiji Market, visit some of its temples, take a cruise to the island of Odaiba, do not stop eating the best sushi, sashimi or ramen you have ever tried, buy technology in the Akihabara neighborhood or relax in the Yoyogi Park, are just some of the many things you can do in Tokyo.
If it is your first visit to the city we propose a list of the 50 best things to do in Tokyo, based on the 6 days we spent in the city on the trip to Japan in 21 days for free, in which we made a route from Kyoto to Tokyo.
1. Take a cruise on the Sumida river from Asakusa to the island of Odaiba in a futuristic-looking ship.
2. Try the best sushi at the Sushisai restaurant, next to the Tsukiji market and one of the best places to eat in Tokyo.
3. Visit the Meiji Shrine, dedicated to the Emperor and Empress Meiji, located in Yoyogi Park.
4. Upload free to the Metropolitan Government Building to have 360º views of the city from its two viewpoints, one of the essential places to visit in Tokyo.
5. Book a room at the Kan Shibuya Karaoke and prepare for the casting of The voice.
6. Watch the sunset from Odaiba Beach, with the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo in the background.
11. Go out at night through the Ginza neighborhood full of bright advertising signs that remind us of Times Square.
12. Save a day to make the excursion to Nikko, one of the most beautiful places in Japan, full of temples and sanctuaries in the middle of nature. One of the most essential places to see in Japan.
13. Buy some souvenir in one of the stores on Nakamise Street in the Asakusa neighborhood, one of the oldest shopping streets in the city. A good option to not miss anything about the Asakusa neighborhood is to book this tour with a guide in Spanish that also includes the Akihabara neighborhood.
14. Enjoy the experience of a relaxing hot spring bath at the Oedo Onsen Monogatari, on the island of Odaiba.
15. Try the delicious Kobe meat in Kaiseki 511, one of the best things to do in Tokyo.
16. Visit the Sensoji Temple, the oldest and most famous temple in Tokyo.
Takeshita Dori Street
46. Touring Omotesando Avenue, full of the world's most luxurious stores and shopping centers.
47. Eat the best ramen, Japanese noodle soup, from Tokyo at the Mutekiya restaurant.
48. Surprised to see the Asahi Beer Hall, renamed "golden zurullo", on the banks of the Sumida River.
49. Enter Shibuya 109, a shopping center for women, where the Japanese buy to go to the latest fashion.
50. Tour Tokyo by subway, the best way to get to know the city. See the hustle and bustle at peak times and people sitting asleep in the wagons shaking their heads to the rhythm of the subway.
It is easy to get lost but you will always find some Japanese that will help you find the right way out, these and many other details will make you count the days to come back.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Downtown Tokyo here
* Book here your JRP of 7.14 or 21 days with shipping included
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to do in Tokyo, add yours in the comments.