This Practical guide of Budapest in 3 days You will find it useful to prepare a trip to the capital of Hungary and not miss any place of interest. The itineraries that we propose for the city can be done on foot since most tourist attractions are located in the historic center or within walking distance between them.
In the first two days you will have walked through the most important places in Budapest, so on this third day you will take advantage of visiting some less known, but no less interesting, areas such as Margarita Island, Memento Park, or the Citadel, among many others . If this plan does not convince you, we recommend you take a day trip to three of the Hungary's most beautiful cities.
Tips for traveling to Budapest
Following these recommendations can help you prepare your itinerary through Budapest:
- To get from the airport to the center of Budapest or to your hotel, you have several options: mininus, bus 200E, train, taxi or this direct transfer to the hotel.You can have more information about the transfer in this post about how to go from Budapest airport to the center .
- To sleep we recommend the Maverick Hostel, our accommodation during the trip. It is located in the center of Budapest and has a good quality / price ratio.
- A good way to save on the Budapest in 3 days is to buy the Budapest Card that includes free tickets, discounts and transportation.
- Book this free tour of Budapest with a guide in Spanish for free !, or the Budapest tourist bus to learn about the history of the city and save time and money.
- If you do not want to pay commissions when withdrawing money from ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
For more information and recommendations you can consult this post on essential tips for traveling to Budapest.
First day in Budapest
The first day of Budapest in three days Start by visiting Parliament, the most beautiful building in the city. The visit to the interior is guided and you can book tickets on the website www.jegymester.hu or take advantage of this guided tour of the city that includes your skip-the-line ticket with a guide in Spanish.
Next to Parliament, is the monument Shoes on the Danube, in honor of the Jews killed by the Nazis, which we also recommend you know at this time of the route.
After a long walk along the banks of the Danube and crossing the Liberty Bridge, you will arrive at the Gellert Hotel, where inside, if you have time, you can relax in its beautiful spa. A good option is to book this ticket to avoid the queue or this one that includes a relaxing massage.
Map of Budapest in three days
* All photos without a watermark have been provided by Shutterstock or Pixabay.