This guide of transport in Barcelona It will help you to move at the best price through one of the most incredible cities in Europe, which we are sure, will catch you as soon as you arrive.
Although many of its tourist attractions are concentrated in the center of Barcelona, it is useful to use urban transport to visit more distant places such as the Sagrada Familia, the Park Güell, the Montjuïc area, the Barceloneta neighborhood, the Tibidado or several viewpoints , which are further away from the more central area.
Getting around Barcelona is quite easy thanks to the extensive network of metro, bus, tram, train, or more economically by bike, being a city very well adapted to this healthy means of transport. It also has several payments per day and tourist cards that will save you a good amount of euros.
Transport prices in Barcelona
The different means of transport in Barcelona include the subway, bus, tram and train (FGC and Rodalies de Catalunya) and are all integrated into the same system, in which the same cards are served and have the same price. Tickets and passes can be purchased at subway machines and buses. The most common for tourists are:
- Single ticket: 2.20 euros.
- T10 pass: multi-person card that includes 10 tickets with transfers. The price will depend on the areas in which you move, the most common that includes the entire center of Barcelona is zone 1 and the price is 10.20
- Pass T-50/30: individual card that allows you to make 50 trips in 30 days. The price of zone 1 is 43.50 euros.
- Daily passes: a card that allows you to use transport for a whole day for the price of 8.60 in zone 1.
- Hola BCN Card: It can be purchased online or at any of the tourist information points. It allows you unlimited use of transport for 2, 3, 4 or 5 days.
- Metro and train schedule (FGC): from Sunday to Thursday from 5am to 12am. Fridays and holidays eve from 5am to 2am. Saturdays and eve of 1/1, 24/6, 15/8 and 24/9, continuous service all night. For the train of stands you can check this official website.
- Bus schedule: every day, throughout the day. Although it is necessary to take into account that some lines work by frequency of passage and others by schedules or days of the week. To know the activity of each line you can consult this official website.
- Tram schedule: Monday to Thursday from 5am to 12am. Fridays, Saturdays and holidays eve from 5am to am. Sundays from 5am to 12am.
** This article is written as part of a collaboration as Omio Ambassadors, but always based on our experiences, with original content and without any brand having influenced us in any case.